Thursday, May 15, 2008

METALLICA BREAKS DOWN


one day me and tony were skatin the park with these older dudes brook and jeremy. it was winter time and jeremy told me and tony that we could get free passes to snowboard at northstar from him plus a place to stay. so we said "allright" and fueled up my piece of shit jetta.we get up there ride all day and head to a mexican joint with jeremy for dinner. well outta the blue one of our homies lurch from rosa shows up with his mechanic buddy. he tell me and tony how he is workin on james hetfields blazer cuz it broke down. so we asked where it was and proceded the next day to go find it and shoot some photos. i mean a dude from metallica drives this thing. and being the metal heads that me and tony were. photographs were needed. so we got the photos and bailed out before we got caught. so we rode again on the mountain. snow brucin it up and hop in the jetta for the 5 hour ride home. about 2 hours into into it the jetta dies waiting in traffic due to a accident. well i can pull over and the next thing i know some redneck is push starting my car with his truck. i think we got whiplash when he hit us. mind you i never got outta my car to ask for help. come to find out i had a bad battery after i get home but we made it in one piece. and got to see a piece of metal history, on the way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! i remember seeing Hetfield cruisin' that thing around when i lived in Marin; once outside the shop i was running in Novato and another time at the Safeway in Mill Valley. i guess he has a place in the hills outside Novato or sumthin...

Jeremy said...

Josh the silver sufer just pointed this out to me. I am Jeremy (not the biker) and that was a great day of riding with you guys. I miss those days. Classic stuff. We should do it again!