Saturday, December 10, 2011
-----i know everyone has a top five right now. i like the idea of getting the insight to a skateboarder by the things that influence them. i didn't want to bite anyones styles, so i came up with the idea of three sixes. three questions. six answers. the number of the beast. add a couple of old pics for good measure and its done. so i figured who else to break this in. none other than santa rosa's original skate hesher, fogie. i am pretty stoked on this. i hope you are too. so be on the look out for more in the future.
6. Eric Dressen. – Classic street schralper and all around gnar dog. Now old, big and fat but still has the shit in his blood and gets it.
5. Hosoi. – Absolute style and grace while fully bio, im talkin’ bout Holmes, the 80s hosoi, not the “accept jesus as your savior” hosoi.
4. Wade-fuckin’-speyer. I saw him do a head high FS 180 stalefish/Method in Pleasant Hill over a tranny to tranny funbox, No easy flat bank landing. Santa Rosa bomb squad Thrasher issue? Yeah we were there.
3. Jason Monroe – Natural ability to kill everything in his path, including padless full cabs 12 beers deep at 1:00 am, 9 1/2 foot trannies and 11 feet high in the dark. Nor Cal legend who was always cool as shit.
2. Alan Petersen – straight outta the armpit of California, dude laid the groundwork for All Terrain rippers everywhere. Seen his footy at Marseille? Ive been there, so I know how gnar his lines are. Regular down to earth guy too.
1. Tony Evjenth. Funnest guy to sesh with. Ever. There are hundreds who feel the same, and I’ll miss skating with him forever.
6. death angel. SF teenage Filipino heshers blowing metallica off the stage? Yep. River theater shows in the 80s were fucking epic meatgrinders.
5. Black Sabbath. Anywhere, anytime, any song and I’m stoked. Cant believe paranoid came out in ’71. Forefathers to it all.
4. Iron Maiden- all of it up to fear of the dark, although I celebrate their entire discography. Google world slavery tour, truly a religious experience.
3. Mercyful fate – every second of every song is pure genius. I loved the sing-a-longs in the pit back then, with a bunch of hessians squealing along with king. Fav. Song…evil. Ill include all of the King diamond here as well.
2. The haunted – so aggro, the pinnacle of Swedish metal with an all star cast. Havent missed them yet and live, they are even better. No false pride, no fashion, no fake set of values. See also: At the gates, witchery
1. Slayer – yeah, no shit. You knew it all along. Being a slayer freak is cool cause people see cool things associated with them and hook you up. Here, I got this slayer thing for ya. I made my wife go see them before we were to be married, she rather enjoyed the sundown set, opening for the resurrected Judas priest.
6- 101 devil worship. I remember seeing it at great skates and gatley was all hey I got something for ya. Shoulda never skated it, they go for thousands, and satan rocks.
5- ben Schroeder, lucero skateboards crash test dummy. Loved how it was all about wrecking yourself and feeding off of that. How many slams do you really remember?
4- santa monica airlines Julien stranger lowrider. Some boards ridden define times of your life, and when we were all riding this board, we were killing it. Classic classic steez
3- black label wade speyer flannel and slayer warbird model. Evs gave me this one, see what I mean? Chalkers got the reals
2- zorlac metallica. 1987 Metallica nerd, metallica board. Id like to bootleg these TO sell online aND SEE IF LARS WILL SUE ME. PUSHEAD HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE MAN, UNDENIABLY.
1- FOGTOWN BEAST. Mo fo classic. Please help the fogey needs a mint black dipped with white screen foundation and locate one today.
-----classic fogie. look how gnar/jacked this set up is. no shirt and a hip sack to boot. stylee as fuck.