Thursday, February 5, 2009

R.I.P. LUX INTERIOR



i will never forget the first time i heard of the cramps. i was in 8th grade. i am 35 now so do the math. me and my buddy "scarb" were english and he came into class with this bright ass yellow shirt with the cramps logo and on it was "bad music for bad people". so i asked scarb about it and he explained to me who they were, and i got to listen to them over at "tams" house. they were like elvis on acid. i had no idea that years down the road that i would become a fan. cuz you gotta realize i was at the peak of my hesher-ness in 8th grade. i also remember seeing a subscribe ad in thrasher with lux and rodney mullen backstage at on of their shows. i knew that if rodney was hangin with this guy their music must be good. well i just heard that he passed away yesterday. so raise a tall for Lux. and give up for one of the o.g.'s of psychobilly.



No comments: